Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Super Super Super Sampling!

Forgot to post this but a while back, I got my hands on this picture that shows how to get SGSSAA (Sparse Grid Super Sampling Anti Aliasing). What this does is it smooths the entire frame instead of the edge of each polygon (normal Anti Aliasing). In layman terms, basically it makes the game look better with no jagged edges you always see in 3D games, but at the hefty cost of your precious framerate. It is also recommended to only do this if your machine is relatively good, else stay away or you're going to make your game unplayable. I haven't had the chance to test this yet as I haven't played for almost two weeks and I only recently got this info. Unfortunately, this picture only shows how to do it with an NVidia card, though I'm sure ATI cards can also enable SGSSAA if you really wanted to.

Click to enlarge
Source was from a TERA General thread on /vg/ of 4chan.

No comments:

Post a Comment